Build and Release Engineer
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Build and Release Engineer
Scalability, speed and efficiency are three key factors that influence our technological development at trivago. Because of this, we are continuously looking for Release Engineers to take ownership of our release process and focus on these areas. In this position you will manage our tools for deployment, automated testing, application configuration and release management. We want someone who can support the daily releases from a technical perspective whilst continuously researching solutions and new approaches that will drive the process and trivago to the next level.
- Building and maintaining release platform for trivago applications.
- Supporting teams with releases of the new applications.
- Establishing tools and platforms used by teams during development process (automated testing).
The ideal candidate:
- Is proficient in scripting with Python and Bash.
- Has worked for 2-3 years as a Software Engineer, specializing in Release Engineering / Continuous Delivery. During this time the candidate has worked with open source technology and is experienced in internet scale Unix environments.
- Has a strong understanding of proper code architecture and design patterns.
- Has an understanding of Kubernetes and/or Mesos platforms.
- Understanding of PHP code and experience with Symfony2 is a plus.
- Has excellent knowledge of support tools like Git, Jenkins, GoCD, Vagrant, Docker etc.
- Loves technical challenges, is passionate about test automation and has a hunger to learn new things.
- Has graduated or completed an apprenticeship in Computer Science or similar technical field.
Life at trivago:trivago is an exciting hub of multi-cultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making by our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than how many hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide German for those wanting to practice or learn German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and brilliance is created.
We do not require the services of an agency for this position.