Senior Brand Designer
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: 2015-12-10
Senior Brand Designer
At trivago, the Brand Design Team brings our creative brand visions to life. We transform ideas from concept to reality, combining brand strategy, research, content, and interaction into a tangible experience that’s compellingly simple and stunningly beautiful. As Brand Design Art Director, you’re obsessed with creating order out of chaos and are the force that drives a team toward incredible design solutions. You’re an experienced designer who has a reputation for exceptional design work, being reliable and trustworthy. You regularly push the boundaries of design and technology, motivate team members toward greatness, and advance the level of design craft within trivago.
- Execute the creative vision for category and cross-category brand initiatives in order to shape trivago’s branded customer experience.
- Elevate the brand experience through superior brand appearance, communications, collateral materials, digital and space.
- Supervise, evaluate, approve and accept ultimate responsibility for the work completed by the creative team; including presentation materials, concepts, print, and all other deliverables for space account.
- Provide leadership to the team by constant feedback and quality assessments, empowerment and development of talent, coaching and mentoring and assessment of needs.
- Interact with clients and stakeholders as needed to present creative concepts or to resolve conflicts.
- Set priorities and organize the team’s work activities efficiently.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design or related field.
- 5+ years of overall design experience.
- At least 2 years in a senior/lead role at a creative agency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert command of Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint and other Microsoft products.
- Excellent conceptual strength but also a strong ability in design and art direction.
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design capabilities, with an emphasis on brand communication and the ability to connect user needs to brand objectives.
- Strong understanding of the production process (asset creation, specification creation, and handoff to development).
What we’d love you to have:
- A basic familiarity with project planning, and resourcing.
- First experience with out-of-home communication, consumer communication.
- Drive to make things happen and love for getting your hands dirty.
- An affable personality and healthy sense of humor.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.